We're sure you have lots of questions...
How exactly are you widening the road? What does this mean for my commute? What improvements are planned? How do I stay updated with this project?
This website is dedicated to provide you with up-to-date information. Be sure to sign up for alerts, and check back for updates!
Full nightly closures began Tuesday, July 6 from 10:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. There will be no through traffic allowed during these hours. All motorist will be turned around at 10:00 p.m., there will be no exceptions allowed. Residents and commuters will need to utilize an alternate route each night beginning at 10 p.m. All passes will be invalid. Access through the work zone will be prohibited during the previously state hours. Residents from Tenaja Truck Trail to El Cariso Village detour to Orange County will be to go towards Lake Elsinore and use I-15 to SR-91 in Corona. Residents of the Ortega Oaks RV Park detour to Lake Elsinore will be to take SR-74 into Orange County and go around to get to Lake Elsinore. These detours are for the nightly full closures of 10 p.m. to 5 a.m., Monday through Friday. Any day work required will occur from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. with a flagging operation to assist in traffic control.
A full 55-hour weekend closure will begin Friday, July 16 at 10:00 p.m. and continues to Monday, July 19 at 5:00 a.m. The main closure will take place at Monte Vista Street.
• Residents on Monte Vista St. and east of Monte Vista St. will be directed to Lake Elsinore and will need to utilize the I-15 to SR-91 to gain access to OC.
• Residents west of Monte Vista St. will be directed to Orange County and will need to utilize the I-5 to SR-55 to SR-91 to the I-15 to gain access to Lake Elsinore.
• A designated pilot car FOR RESIDENTS ONLY will be on site to escort residents to their homes and out of the construction zone. Be advised: Extreme wait times up to and possibly exceeding two hours are expected. The only access for residents on the west side of Monte Vista will be from the Orange County side.
• There will be signs placed at each end of the project stating the road is closed to through traffic. NO ACCESS FROM OC TO LAKE ELSINORE AND VICE/VERSA. No through traffic.
• Please obey all posted signs and traffic instructions, including the pilot escort car, as CHP will be on location and citing any offenders.
Click the button below for additional details.